Thursday, March 16, 2023

Heavy Heart

I have had soooo much on my heart and mind these past two weeks. It's been a struggle and I won't get into the details. Let's just say that I have never been one to succumb to anxiety or worry and this week I have had migraines brought on by it all. 

Yet there is always hope, and peace, if and when I call out to God for help.



Philippians 4:4-9

4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.


THIS passage has helped me through many hard time.

~ Rejoice always, in troubles and tribulations (Rom 5), through temptations (James 1), I need to remember to rejoice evermore (I Thes 5) and always praise God.

~ Be moderate, temperate, not swinging from one extreme to another - yet this is difficult, but just the reminder to be that was often helps me.

~ Pray to God with a thankful heart for what I do have, and worry less about the 'what-if'.

~ Allow the peace of God to sweep over me. It doesn't have to make sense, I know that God loves me, that He is working all things together for my good, and that He will ultimately get the glory for it all. If I allow that to be enough, then I will have His peace.

~ Thinking on what is true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good report.... really, I rarely get past the "true" before I start calming down.


I'll be praying for peace in your family this week. 

We all have different family set-ups: different number of children, different needs, husbands who are different, and our own personalities vary.

In spite of that, we all serve the same God. The God of peace. The God who comforts. The God who loves. The God who works all things together for the good of those who love Him. 

He is able.

May His peace that passes understanding keep your heart and mind secure in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment